Dave's Daily

Monday, June 04, 2007

Blog Anniversary

Wow... Yesterday (June 3rd) marks the 3rd Anniversary of my blog. Three years I've been doing this... Wow.

But, it seems I've let it go for the past month or so. Between having problems getting logged in from work (due to filtering/firewall/etc.) and just not even trying from home (due to having only dial-up), I've kind of let it go for awhile. I wasn't even sure I wanted to continue blogging. But, here I am. :-)

Way too many things have happened since the last update, so I won't even try to catch up, except for a few things:

May 8th - I had the day off for a holiday, so a friend of mine and I went to see the Spider-Man 3 movie. It was very good, but in my gut, I can't say it was the best of the three. I still like the first one the best I think.

May 15th - The Rev. Jerry Falwell died at the age of 73. He created a lot of controversy and I can't say I really like all he did, but at least he woke up the "church" to get involved in politics again like they should have been doing all along.

May 20th - This day was our 18th wedding anniversary. We didn't get to celebrate it much as we had to go out of town to go to my wife's nephew's high school graduation. I took off the Friday before and the Monday after so we wouldn't have to drive all the way back home on the Sunday evening after the graduation. We also went to a big furniture store on the 19th and bought a bedroom set for our daughter (oh yeah, the weekend before, I got her bedroom all painted... pink).

May 25th - This date celebrated the 30th anniversary of the release of the first Star Wars movie. The Post Office released 15 Star Wars themed stamps (which I got). There were also had a few costumed Stormtroopers at the Post Office to help kick off the event.

Over the Memorial Day weekend, I got the shutters, front door and a panel by the front door all painted. My wife never really liked the color they were and has been wanting to change it for a long time... So, I finally got that done. We were going to do a camping trip with my parents, but it rained too much.

June 2nd - I video taped a wedding at our church for a couple that grew up together at the church. I had also put together a photo montage that came together pretty nicely too.

That just about wraps up the major events since last time... Hopefully it won't be so long until my next update.... :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home