Dave's Daily

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Summer?

Well, not quite, but today was close. It almost got to 80 degrees today, but the next two days we're suppose to be back in the 50's with rain.

I did get some grass seed down in those bare spots in my front yard and some in the back yard, but ran out of seed. My wife picked some more up yesterday, so I'm back in action! We're heading up to visit the mother-in-law this weekend, so not sure when I'll get more seeding done though.... Maybe tomorrow night after work.

I finally got my truck fixed too. For awhile now, when starting it cold, it would idle rough (had to keep foot on the gas) for a bit before something would "kick in" and then it would run fine. Sometimes it would "kick in" after a few seconds, other times a minute or so. Well, last Friday (Mar. 9th) after work, it never "kicked in" and I almost kicked the truck. I "two-pedaled" it home (keeping one foot on the gas and one on the brake). I got it in to the shop Monday morning and it turned out that the IAC (Idle Air Control value) had stuck/went bad. After replacement, it's been running fine now.

Last Wednesday (Mar. 7th) the sixth grade classes at my son's school did a special chapel service, so we went to watch them. To open it up, the whole class played their recorders (we used to call them flutophones) for a couple of songs. They sang some songs, did some skits and Bible readings. In the afternoon, my son competed in the "Bible Bee" where they asked Bible questions. My son made it to the "final four", but got knocked out on the question, "What was the occupations of Andrew and Phillip?" He answered "Physicians," but it was "fishermen." :-) Still, he did very well and answered some hard questions. An eighth grader won the Bee.

With Daylight Savings Time kicking in this past Sunday, I'm still having a hard time adjusting. It's hard to go to bed and hard to get up.... Wait, that was evening happening before DST started... HA!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home