Dave's Daily

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Life so far

Man, it seems like I can't find time to update this blog anymore.... But I gotta keep trying! :-)

For about the past month, I've been stripping off wallpaper in our master bathroom. It's taking this long because I only take off two to three strips at a time. I only get to work on it on Saturday mornings and then a little after lunch, my local college basketball team game is on TV, so I gotta watch that! HA! The wallpaper was starting to peel off anyway, so my wife decided that she wanted to "update" it a little bit by painting it. The only thing left is to take off some wallpaper behind a wall cabinet and behind the toilet. Then I have to do a little spackling, sanding and then paint primer. My wife has already picked out the color, so we'll see how it all goes. Not quite an "extreme makeover," but it's a start. She's already mentioned about redoing the kids' bathroom too. Ugh.

The men's breakfast I mentioned in my last update... I didn't go as it had snowed over night and was still snowing some last Sat. morning. They still held it, but I didn't want to get out in it.

Last Thursday (Feb. 22nd) was my parents' 48th wedding anniversary!! Congrats to them! I also had an appointment with my tax preparer... Oh boy! At least we're getting back a refund!! But alas... that money is already earmarked for my daughter's new bedroom furniture. Oh well, it's time for her to move to a regular bed from the toddler bed. My little girl is growing up!

My supervisor from here at work got married last Friday (Feb. 23rd). They just held a small private wedding with family and are now off somewhere in Mexico on their honeymoon. Congrats to them!!

It's finally starting to get nice again outside.... Today's temp reached almost 70 degrees (only forecasted to hit 60...) It's really hard to be at work on days like today... :-(

But, today is also payday, and that's always nice! :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home