Dave's Daily

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Welcome to the New Ice Age

Starting Last Friday evening (12th) a weather front passed through dumping an ice storm all over the area stretching over multiple states. Wave two was suppose to hit Saturday night, but all we got was a bunch of rain. Sunday it snowed (just flurries). Now we have frigid temps. Some areas are still without power, but we were blessed and never lost power. The fireplace was nice to help warm the house too. Thankfully my wife had gone grocery shopping last Thursday to stock up before the storm hit.

Here at work, we were to install a new mainframe CPU on Sunday morning. The data center boss was watching the weather closely and would call it off by Saturday night if he had to. The call never came, so I had to venture out Sunday morning into work to do my part. The main roads weren't too bad, but in my neighborhood, I had to take it very slow.

I had Monday off due to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so at least the CPU install didn't ruin my whole weekend. I'm taking off this Friday to use up my comp time from the weekend. We were able to get out Monday and do a little shopping, but the temps started dropping fast by noontime, so we headed back home.

I've been reading the Martyr's Song trilogy by Ted Dekker. I just finished the second book, When Heaven Weeps. Dekker's books are very engaging and hard to put down. I strongly suggest getting one of his books to read.

I had a church board meeting last night and then we have regular church services tonight. Services were cancelled last Sunday (14th) due mainly to the church parking lot being a solid sheet of ice. I guess we could have all gone ice skating!

My birthday is next week! AAHH! :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home