Dave's Daily

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

All Saints Day

Well, it's not a holiday that is celebrated too much in the U.S., but Happy All Saints Day anyway. :-)

I'm still not updating my blog as much as I'd like, but life continues anyway. I took off work last Thursday (Oct. 26th) as my son was out of school that day for Parent/Teacher conferences. For some reason, nobody at home was getting along that day and I think I should have just gone to work that day. 'Nuff said.

Last Sat. (Oct. 28th) the deacons & wives took the pastors and their wives out to dinner for our part of Pastors & Staff Appreciation month. We all took the church bus to a buffet place out in the middle of no-where. It's only open on Fridays and Saturdays from 4:30pm to 8:30pm. But man-o-man, the food is out of the world! The desert table is unbelievable! It's probably 30 feet long and had over 50 kinds of deserts such as cookies, cakes, pies, cobblers.... drool! We all had a great time visiting on the bus ride and really enjoyed the food too! :-)

On Sunday night, at the church we had a Pastors and Staff Appreciation Ice Cream Social. I worked with a few of the other deacons and some others to come up with the entertainment. We had sent out a questionnaire to all of the pastors and staff to answer all kinds of trivial questions about themselves. We took the answers and came up with a Jeopardy type game. I created the game board in PowerPoint and we projected it up on a big screen. We had "Alex" as the host with contestants: "Dolly Pardon," "Reba" and "Cher." They had all the answers, but came up with some funny stuff. We had a great time and the staff loved it.

Tuesday was Halloween, and our church held their annual Fall Festival Hallelujah Night which is open to the public. This year they added a motorcross stunt team that performed. They did some pretty cool jumps high in the air. Since the weather was pretty nice for once this year, we had a pretty good turnout. My son dressed as Luke Skywalker (episode 4) and my daughter was a princess.

Tuesday was also Payday, so that was a nice "treat" too.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home