Dave's Daily

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Happy "Anniversary"

Today is the second anniversary of starting my blog. To tell you the truth, I never thought I'd make it this far, especially since they stopped letting me get to it from work. It's been a real struggle to dial in from home to update this thing due to time constraints. Thankfully it's still alive for now! :-) And thanks to all you readers out there too!

Today was a major work day around here. Last night after work, I mowed the lawn and moved our wood pile from close to the house (where I had it so it was easy to get wood for the fireplace), to down by the fence (so that bugs wouldn't start getting into it and into the house).

Today, I washed my Ranger pickup and then waxed it and cleaned it all up inside and out. I'm about all worn out from doing that. I also sanded off some rust spots on our basketball goal and painted that too (as well as pulling some weeds).

Last Thursday, I had to take off work a hour early to take our dog to the vet. He had broken a "toenail"/claw to where it was hurting him. The vet had to get a couple of helpers to hold him down and put a muzzle on him too so that they could get it clipped. It was really hurting him bad. He's doing a lot better now though.

Our church started a Saturday evening worship service tonight. The sermon is going to be the same as on Sunday morning, but the worship time is more contemporary and the atmosphere more casual. They are holding it in the gym too. Guess we'll find out how it all went tomorrow at church. They had been promoting it quite a bit, so I hope they had a good turnout.

A lady missionary to India that I do a website for got married today. Congrats to them!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home