Dave's Daily

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Big Birthday Boy

Today is my son's 11th birthday! Happy Birthday!! Last Friday, we had a big party for him by inviting 5 of his friends from church/school. They played foosball, basketball, Lego Star Wars on a Playstation 2, etc. We had pizza, cake & ice cream and opened presents. We finally kicked them all out at 8pm. :-)

Sunday was our church choir's big Easter Cantata performance. This year we had some drama and also video to go along with it. It was very powerful. My son and I got to be in the drama as well. I was the disciple Peter. I also put the video stuff together (which took my all Thursday afternoon).

Today was also kind of special for our town as President Bush visited. I joked with my son that Pres. Bush was coming to town for his birthday, but he didn't quite believe that one. I went out for a walk outside at lunch today and noticed one of the streets blocked off by my building. I found out Bush's motorcade was going to be passing by soon, so I waited for it to come by. It didn't last long, as they were zooming by pretty quick, but it was neat to see. It's not everyday that you get to see the President. :-)

Last night we watched part one of ABC's new version of the movie The 10 Commandments. It was actually pretty good and was more or less faithful to the Bible. Part two will be coming on here in about 15 mins, so I'd better get off of here before it comes on. :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home