Dave's Daily

Monday, February 27, 2006

Champions

On Friday night, my son's team won their game, so one step closer to being champions. I also had to work at the scorer's table keeping track of the official score in the books. It was a little nerve racking, but fun at the same time. We came back at noon on Saturday for the next game, which they won also. The highlight of this second game was with about 35 seconds left in the game, my son shot and scored a basket. Normally, this isn't a real big deal, but this particular basket was the first one he has scored all season. You should have seen his face... He pumped his arms in the air and told us later after the game that he almost started to cry. *I* almost started to cry too when he made it. His mom went crazy too! It was a wonderful game! :-) We came back at 4pm for the big championship game. Now, to back up a bit... My son's school has two fifth grade teams and both were in this tourney. It turned out that both teams made it to the championship game (they were each in a different bracket to start the tourney). The coaches agreed to just play a scrimmage-type game (they still used the referees), and didn't keep score. They even mixed some of the players around too. My son got to play quite a bit during that game and actually made another basket. At the end, both teams were dubbed "co-champions" and they all received medals and the trophy. We also had a big pizza party afterwards too.

During the school hour at church on Sunday, we had our church's 74th Annual Business Meeting. It's the time of year when we present to the church body the annual financial reports and bring up any new/old news to discuss. We also elected a new deacon to fill a parting deacon's spot. It went pretty smoothly which is always good...

I've been fighting a sinus / allergy problem for about a week now, but it seems to be getting a little worse. I almost called in sick today, but my co-worker beat me to it and he's out today while I'm stuck here... It's almost a "Monday" ritual with him it seems... Um...

At least the basketball season is over for my son... No more practices and games and so I can get on home tonight without having to wait on him to finish practice.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home