Dave's Daily

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Weekend Wrapup

This past weekend wasn't too crazy. I had to take my son to a 8:00am basketball game (of course, we had to be there at 7:30am to warm up). They won (Yeah!) so that made it a little better. It snowed (flurries only) about all day and it was really cold (windy). Saturday afternoon we went to Target and the mall and I picked up some accessories for my new PSP (car adapter, usb cable, etc).

Sunday was pretty much the regular routine except my wife didn't have to work in the nursery and I didn't have to work in the TV room. So, it was just kind of nice to get to sit with my beautiful wife for services. :-) The only bad thing on Sunday was that I had to get up at 4:50am to dial into work as we were making a change to one of our systems and I had to make sure it was going to work okay. That made me kind of tired for the rest of the day.

Monday, after taking my son to work, I picked up the wife and daughter and we headed out of town (only 30 miles to the next town) to go to their "big" mall. Did a little shopping and then I took my wonderful wife to Ruby Tuesday's for a Valentine's lunch (even though we had our daughter with us, it wasn't too bad). After lunch, we had a quick visit at my parents' house, but could only stay about an hour as we had to get back to our town to pick up our son at school. In case you didn't read the previous post, Monday was a holiday for me as I got off work for President Lincoln's Birthday.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and last night my wife fixed spaghetti for the kids and feed them early so that we could both have a quiet candlelight dinner with salad, Kansas City strip steaks and the works (I actually helped make the salads). We had soft music playing and it was very nice - the kids left us alone (we put a movie on for our daughter and our son went to take a shower) so it was very romantic. :-) Later on that evening after putting the kids to bed, we exchanged Valentine cards and snuggled a little. :-)

My Dr's. appointment for next Monday for my "over 40" physical was postponed due to the Dr. not going to be in the office that day. So I had to rescheduled it for March 23rd... I don't know if I'm happy or sad about it as I was getting myself psyched up about it and now I'm going to have to wait even longer to get it over with... Oh well...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home