Dave's Daily

Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl Weekend

Friday night the family and I went to the mall after dinner (well, specifically to Penney's). I was looking mainly for a sportscoat as I really don't have one (and I only have one actual suit too.... for funerals and weddings). We found a really nice one that was 60% off which made it a good deal. I also got some dress pants for work/church too. My son got some shirts for school. We made it home before the credit card got too hot. :-)

Saturday was a long day. My son and I went to a near by town where they were having the second part of a school basketball tourney. The first game was at 11am (had to be there at 10:30a which meant we had to leave home at 10a). They lost by two points and it was a hard fought game. The lost meant they headed to the loser's bracket and the next game was at 4pm (better than playing in the championship game at 6pm!) The only downer to the first game was that my son didn't get to play very much at all. The regular coach wasn't there and the sub coach won't hardly put in the "not very good" players. My son was very upset and was somewhat in tears after the game. We went out for lunch and I tried to explain life, basketball and benchwarming as best I could. In the second game, some of the players couldn't stay, so they only had five players which meant my son had to play the whole game. That made up for the first game, but it still frustrated him. They lost pretty bad in the second game, so they ended up with fourth place for the tourney. We got home about 6pm wiped out and hungry.

Sunday morning was the normal church routine except that my wife had to work in the nursery and I had to work in the media room. Next week we'll both get to just sit in the sanctuary together. :-) Sunday evening, our church provided a Superbowl party as well as a church service, so those that wanted to go to church could and those that wanted to watch the game could. There was a pretty good crowd at both events. :-) Our music pastor is a HUGE Steelers fan, so I'll let you figure out where he was. :-) Just for the record, the Steelers beat the Seahawks, 21-10 in Detroit, MI. The Rolling Stones was the halftime "entertainment" and only a few of the TV ads were very good. :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home