Dave's Daily

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Slower?

Well, this week has started a little slow too. But I did enjoy my three day weekend.

I mentioned in my last post about an Analog-DV converter coming on Friday. Well, it did arrive, but my wife wasn't at home when it came and since the UPS guy needed a signature, they didn't leave it. I really wanted to play with it over the weekend, but had to wait now until Monday.

On Saturday (15th) I went to the Men's Breakfast that was held at my church. They can sure put out a spread... scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, etc... I get full by just the smell of it all! Sunday (16th) had the normal church stuff happening. Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, which was a holiday for me. I still didn't get to sleep in as I had to take the car in to get the oil changed. My appointment was a 7:30am. The front right tire also had been having a very slow leak in it, so I had them check that out too. Turns out there was a small nail in the tire! Glad to get that fixed as I would have hated to have my wife and kids stuck out somewhere with a flat.

My wife went out to eat lunch with a friend and then went shopping for some stuff for the house at a Hobby Lobby store. Meanwhile, my UPS package came right after lunch! Now, my laptop is only a 1.6 GHz machine. The recommended speed was 1.8 and they really said you should have at least a 2.0 GHz for this converter, but like other things, manufacturers sometimes bump those figures up. But, I guess in this case they didn't as after trying it out, the software kept stopping and reporting that my machine couldn't support the bandwidth. Bummer! I do have a desktop machine that is 1.8 GHz, so I guess I'll try it with that next.

Tuesday (17th) evening I attended my church board meeting. This is the dreaded annual budget review/proposal meeting to set the church budget for the next year. We were a little down this past year in giving, so cut backs were in store for this new budget year. It's never fun and makes for long meetings. I didn't get home until about 10:30pm. We did have a little bit of excitement though... During the meeting, an outside door to the room we were meeting in came open and a city police officer came in. He said that a security alarm went off in part of the building. The pastor went with the officer and they checked everything out, but didn't find anything. Good thing! :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home