Dave's Daily

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas Weekend Wrap Up

I took off the Friday before Christmas just to have an extra day with the family. In the morning I had a haircut appointment and then took my son with me to JCPenney's so he could find a gift for his mom. He picked out a nice bracelet for her. We got back home in time for lunch and then my wife picked up the babysitter to watch our daughter while the rest of us headed off to see the new movie "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." It was an awesome movie and we enjoyed it very much.

Saturday we didn't do a whole lot, but I did get all my Christmas gifts wrapped. I'm not a very good wrapper, so it takes me awhile to get them done. Saturday evening, we went by my uncle's house as my grandmother is staying there. We wanted to visit with her for awhile and she also had some gifts for us. Then we went to our church's annual Christmas Eve candlelight service. It's only 30 mins long, but a really neat time to get together and sing carols, etc. We usually go out to dinner afterwards, but it was raining, and since our daughter hasn't been feeling good, we decided to get some KFC chicken and go home. We got the last two biscuits at KFC and they locked the doors when we left, so we barely got dinner that night. We usually go driving around looking at Christmas lights too, but again, it was raining and now we had dinner to get home and eat, so we skipped that this year too.

We all got up early on Sunday morning to open gifts and then we had to get ready and head to church again for a 10 AM service. After church we came back home, changed clothes and then headed out to my sister's house for our family Christmas get-together. We had a nice lunch with all the fixin's. My mom makes an awesome pumpkin pie too! :-) After lunch, we tried to sing some carols as one of my nephews tried to play the songs on his guitar. He's a good guitar player, but he didn't know the songs very well... HA! So, that didn't last too long. Plus, the younger kids were getting impatient to open their gifts. :-)

On Monday, with Christmas cash burning in our pockets, we headed to a nearby town that has a nice mall. My wife got some more jewelry, some clothes, etc. and my son got a couple more games for his GameBoy SP. Our daughter still wasn't feeling too good, so I had to carry her around quite a bit. We also hit a Toy's R Us store and found some great sale deals. I personally didn't buy anything except a new 2006 Star Trek "Ships of the Line" calendar. I'm wanting to buy a Sony PSP Giga Pak system, but all the Giga Paks are sold out right now. :-(

Tuesday, I took off work again for a little more extended time off. Since we were gone most of the day on Sunday and Monday, the kids didn't get to play much with their new stuff. So on Tuesday, that's what we did most of the day. It was also a pretty nice day outside (low 60's), so my son and I played some basketball too.

I'm also taking off work tomorrow to make an extended New Year's weekend. We're having a small party at our house on Saturday night, so that should be a good time. But more about that next time.

Blessings and Happy Year New!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home