Dave's Daily

Monday, December 12, 2005

Broadway here we come...

Well, maybe not, but my son did FANTASTIC in his role in the kids Christmas musical at church this weekend. More on that in a bit...

By Friday night our whole family was wiped out from all the running around through the week and we were looking for a little "down" time. We had been babysitting a friend's pet and they came by Friday evening to pick it up... and ended up staying almost three hours! Ugh... Oh well, we had a nice visit with them and all went well.

Saturday we kind of slept in a little, but my wife still got up somewhat early as she had a haircut appointment and then did some grocery shopping. We ate a quick lunch and then headed to my son's first basketball game of the season. When we got there, we were shocked to find out that they charged admission at this particular school. My wife didn't bring her purse and I only had $1 in my wallet. After pleading our case, they went ahead and let us in free. :-) My son's team won the game! Yeah!

Right after the game, we headed for the church for the afternoon practice of the kids musical at 2:00pm. After dropping him off, the rest of us headed home for a few hours. One of my wife's sisters came down to see my son's performance for that evening too. It started at 6pm, so we got to the church to get good seats and got to see a wonderful performance. My sister and her whole family also came down to see the show too. After watching one of the practices, it's always amazing how the kids pull it off when it counts. :-) After the show, we all went to Ruby Tuesdays restaurant for dinner.

The next morning, we all got up and went to early service at church. My sister-in-law left for home after church (as she has a 4 hour drive home). We headed home, had a great lunch and then had to take my son back to church for another 2pm practice. Sunday evening we had a packed house for the performance and my parents and grandmother also came to see it. I was in the back this time videotaping the whole thing. The kids and especially my son did another outstanding job but you could tell some of the younger kids were just about worn out from doing the play just "one more time." My son was one of the main characters, the Arch Angel Michael, and wore an all white tuxedo. He really looked sharp!

We all came home afterwards and basically just crashed. Although my daughter woke us up at 2:30am this morning for some reason, and then I couldn't get back to sleep. I'm pretty tired this morning... but hanging in there.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home