Dave's Daily

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving Weekend Wrap Up

Last Wednesday night (23rd), instead of the normal Wednesday night activities at church, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is the annual "All Church Pie Fellowship." Everyone brings a pie and we all sit around and eat and visit. We had a good time and ate some good pie! :-)

We slept in a little bit Thursday morning and then watched some of the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV. I'm getting a little ticked off with the parade coverage on TV anymore. It seems like all they do is talk, interview celebs, show sing & dance routines, etc. instead of actually showing the parade stuff. I finally got frustrated and turned it off, but not before seeing the Barney float get a tear in it and slowly come down...

We left for my sister's house about 11:30am and got there a little after Noon. My folks were there along with my Grandmother as well as my sister, brother-in-law and all their kids. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and also got to play video games, ping-pong, etc. I also got to premiere my Lego Star Wars movie much to the delight of the kids. :-)

Being somewhat crazy, I opted to head to a Target store Friday morning at 6am to snag a Star Wars Lego set that I've been secretly admiring that was going to be 50% off. I got there about 6:05am as to not have to wait outside in line with the mob. I walked right in with no problems. There were plenty of the Lego sets left and so I grabbed one and also a Christmas video for the kids and checked out. I was in and out in under an hour. After that I went back home and got back in bed just as the kids were getting up.

On Saturday, we all went to a local Christian bookstore to scout out some Christmas gifts that the grandparents could get for the kids. We also picked up a fiction book for our son so that he would start reading again. We're cutting back his video gaming and TV watching as we want him to read more. Then we headed to the mall to see if we could find a nice Christmas tree topper, but we didn't find anything. We went to McDonald's for lunch and then I took the family to see the Vietnam Moving Wall memorial.

Saturday night we let our son stay up a little too late and we had problems with him getting to sleep. He got scared of various things (too dark in room, somebody is going to get me, I don't want to be alone, etc.) and almost got hysterical. He ended up sleeping on the floor in our room, and didn't get to sleep until close to 2am. Then our daughter woke up a few times from all the commotion going on, so we had to deal with her too. I was so worked up that I probably didn't get but about 1 hour of sleep.

Due to being so exhausted from the night before, we didn't end up going to church Sunday morning. We just had a quiet morning and just did our own little things. We went to church Sunday night and then went to bed early. Our son started to act up again Sunday night at bed time, but he was so tired, he just fell asleep.

Not a lot happened on Monday. At work I mainly just got caught up on e-mails and stuff.

Today is a good friend of mine's 39th birthday. Happy Birthday Joe!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home