Dave's Daily

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Long Weekend

Last Thursday night my son went to a friend's house for a sleep over. They mostly played the Lego Star Wars game on their PS2, but they also went outside to play in the leaves and he really had a good time with some friends from school.

Friday was Veterans' Day and hence I had the day off. I first went and got the oil changed in my truck. I don't know why it takes so long, but it took practically an hour to get the whole job done. Next I ran by the church to pick up some old computer equipment to get it out of the way in the TV room. Then I picked up my son from his sleepover. After lunch we all went to the hardware store to pickup some weather proofing for the windows and also got a space heater for the kitchen as it always seems to get cold in there. I also replaced the wax toilet ring in the kids' bathroom as there seemed to be a little leak in there.

Friday evening we went to a dinner theatre at the church. It was being put on by our youth drama group called One Faith. It's mostly mime-type stuff set to music. They did an awesome job with their performance!

Saturday, my wife did the grocery shopping as usual, and then when she got back, I mowed the backyard and then we played out back with the kids until lunch time. Saturday afternoon I pretty much worked on my own little Lego movie. I got quite a bit done on it and also figured out how to add the lightsaber glow effects. It's looking pretty good for my first attempt. :-)

Sunday was our normal church day, but after lunch, my son and I did a little shopping and got my wife one of her Christmas gifts and also picked up a new Christmas tree as our old one is just that... old and a little too small in our new "big" house.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home