Dave's Daily

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Playing Catch Up

Got a little delayed in this post, so now I get to play "catch up."

Last Friday was an uncle's 72nd birthday. Happy Birthday!

Saturday, in the late afternoon, my wife and I were suppose to go to a wedding. We had a babysitter lined up for over a month. Early in the afternoon, the babysitter called saying that she had strep throat and had only got meds for it the night before. Since she hadn't been on it for a full 24 hours, she wanted to let us know incase we didn't want her to come. Well, after checking with a few other possible sitters (and not getting anywhere), we just decided to stay home. It's always hard to get all dressed up anyway after being grungy all day long. We did miss a good night out away from the kids with dinner and dancing, but oh well. Maybe next time.

Saturday was also my sister and husband's 17th wedding anniversary. Congrats to you both!

Sunday at church my old pastor from the church I grew up in spoke at our current church. He had resigned from his old church back in August to become the President of Central Bible College. He's now traveling all around speaking at churches, etc. to "drum up" students for the college. He is also the pastor that married my wife and I, so it was good to see him and his wife again.

On Monday my son started basketball practice after school. So after work I had to go by and pick him up. They'll be practicing every Monday and Thursday after school with games on Saturday. It'll do him good to get the exercise this winter. :-)

Not too much happened on Tuesday. Mainly had a "quiet" evening at home although my son wasn't feeling too good. He said he felt better this morning though. He's also getting out of school for the next two days as the teachers are having some kind of meetings. Lucky him (although I do get off work for Veterans' Day on Friday).

I'll be finally getting a haircut after work today. I tried last week, but couldn't get in. The lady I go to only works late (past 4pm) on Wednesdays and since I get off work at 4:30pm, Wednesday is the only day I can get scheduled. I think it's been almost 6 weeks now since my last cut, so it's getting kind of unruly (at least the hair that I left is anyway...).

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home