Dave's Daily

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Pearly Whites

I've started using those Crest Whitestrips to whiten my teeth. Today is just my second day using them, so I've still got a ways to go yet (it's a 14 day treatment). I don't drink a lot of tea or coffee and I don't smoke, so my teeth weren't too bad, but I just wanted them a little whiter. My wife used them a year ago and they really worked well for her. We'll see how it works out.

It was amazing... My son had NO homework last night. I guess due to all the tests he had yesterday, they gave them a break. They've also been doing achievement tests all this week as well on top of their regular work. No doubt that he'll probably have double the work tonight. It was a good thing he had no homework as we had Wed. night church activities to go to.

With the St. Louis Cardinals losing game 5 of the NLCS last night, it's going to be an Astros / White Sox World Series this year. Now that the Cards are done with their season, the demolition crews can now start tearing down the old Busch Stadium to make way for their new one. Congrats to the Astros for finally making it to the Big Game...

I talked to my Dad last night and I found out the person that hit him was a 30-year old woman that was under the influence of drugs. She even had drugs in the van with her too. So, when they took my dad to the hospital, they took her to jail (she was not injured in the accident). Sometimes you just wonder why....

I found out recently that one of the pioneering Christian music rock bands will be dissolving after 30 years. They just came out with a CD ("Jekyll and Hyde")and so this tour will be their last one. They will be playing in a town about 2 1/2 hours from where I live tonight. I wish I could go as I have never been able to see them in concert. I do have some of their albums (and cassettes and CDs) as they were one of the forerunners of getting more a "contemporary" style pushed through in to Christian music. It's a shame that their time is coming to an end... But I guess everything does at some point. The band? Petra. Thanks guys!!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home