Dave's Daily

Friday, October 07, 2005

The Long Friday

When the work week is uneventful and nothing at work is going wrong, it sure seems like the week just drags and Friday especially goes on forever. I was ready to go home at noon, but alas, I'm stuck here until 4:30pm. What makes it a little more depressing is that this is the first Friday since our Casual Days were taken away. Even though we only have to dress in Business Casual (no ties), I went ahead and wore a tie today in my little silent "protest." To some here, Casual Day was no big deal, but I just liked Fridays being a little less "stuffy."

Dad had a checkup yesterday. The doctors did an x-ray to check on his chest. They still found fluid and wanted to admit him back in to the hospital and insert a tube to drain it. Dad asked them what he could do to prevent having to go through all that. They told him to keep his feet elevated above his head, walk a lot more and breathe more deeply. Guess they're going to give him another crack at it as they let him go back home. :-)

Next Monday is Columbus Day (who in 1492, sailed the ocean blue...), so I get the day off which gives me a three-day weekend! It's one of the only days off when my son still has to go to school. HA! So usually, my wife and I try to do our Christmas shopping for the kids. My son is thinking he'd like to take guitar lessons. I found a couple of places via eBay stores that are selling guitars (nice ones too) for a little more than $40, which isn't too bad for a beginner one. So, we'll see...

We had a major cool down in temps this week. Wednesday's high was 85 and Thursday's high was only 55. A cold front came through with a little bit of rain. It's a little warmer today (57) and will be a little warmer tomorrow (64). I kind of like the cooler weather... Nice and crisp in the mornings... Fall... I love it! :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home