Dave's Daily

Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekend Roundup

Man, I've got so much to post, it's almost overwhelming. I tried to post an update on my dad last Friday, but Blogger was down for some maintenance.

Friday, was PayDay (YEAH!!) and our last Casual Day (BOO!). It's going to be really hard not to want to go casual on Fridays anymore. Just one more benefit management has taken away. Oh well. I took off at noon on Friday as we were going up to visit my mother-in-law for the weekend and also to attend a Retirement Party for my brother-in-law that is retiring from the Navy after 20 years (he was a Chief Navigator for an attack sub - last stationed on the U.S.S. Alexandria).

Saturday, my wife along with her 3 other sisters went to a near by town that was having an Octoberfest in which she bought a "few" more things for the house. Things we "needed" of course... We've had a plate rack thing on the wall now for awhile with no plates on it (it holds three). She found some neat plates to finally adorn the rack. Yeah!

Saturday afternoon we had the big party with a large crowd of family and wonderful BBQ'd hamburgers, chicken and hotdogs. It was a grand 'ole time and great to see everyone again.

Sunday we went out for a brunch with my mother-in-law and then headed home. My daughter was so cranky all the way home. We were hoping she'd just fall asleep and take a nap, but no way... She had to fight it all the way home.

We stopped by the hospital to see my dad on the way through town. He's doing a whole lot better and may get to come home today or tomorrow. He's been up walking some and finally got to cough, much to the Doctor's delight.

After we got home, my son had to finish up some homework, I had to pay some bills, and we finally got to bed after an exhausting day only to have work call me around 10:30pm which kept me up until after 11:30pm... Oh well, that's why I make the big bucks I guess... HA!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home