Dave's Daily

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Weekend Overview and Holiday

Myself, I really didn't do a lot on Saturday. Kind of just took it easy. My wife went shopping for about 4 hours and I stayed home with the kids. We played outside quite a bit since it was pretty nice. My wife was pretty worn out by the time she got home (I didn't know women could get worn out from shopping... HA!). She had to buy a few clothes for my son for this fall and she also got a few nice outfits for our daughter too.

Sunday was the regular church routine except that we went to first service again instead of second service. We were just getting out too late (12:30 to 12:45p) and by the time we had lunch, got cleaned up, etc., it was almost time to go back at 5pm... So in order to give us some more time in the afternoons, we decided to go back to first service. It's a little more stressful in the mornings trying to get everyone ready and out the door, but I guess it's worth it.

Monday was a holiday for me (Columbus Day), so I had the day off. Since my son still has to go to school, we usually make it the day when we go Christmas shopping for the kids. We still had to take our 3 year-old daughter with us, but she's still pretty clueless on what we're doing. We dropped off our son at school and headed to the "bigger" city 30 miles away as they have a Toys-R-Us store and a bigger and better mall. But first we stopped by to see my parents and they took us to see some land they bought. It's about 100 acres of nice land with a 6 acre lake on it. My dad has hired a guy to cut hay on it and sell it, so he even can get money off the land as well. The lake is well stocked with fish, so we can go fishing there anytime. After a quick visit with my folks, we headed to the stores. We pretty much got everything bought for the kids at T-R-U, so we then headed to the mall for lunch and a little clothes shopping for my wife. She found a nice pant suit and regular pants. We then booked it back to our town in time to pick our son up from school.

My son has a basketball camp this week (Mon. - Wed.) so as soon as we got home, he got his homework done and then we ate and then my wife and son sped off for the camp. After they got home, my son and I studied for his big math test that was today.

My wife was taking our daughter to Sears today to take some pictures. We're a little late getting her 3 year old pics taken, but we wanted to have something to put in Christmas cards, so we're finally getting around to it. :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home