Dave's Daily

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy All Hallows Eve....

Man, this was a busy weekend for parties! Friday night one of my son's friends' parents were having a little party. They had invited two other couples over that had kids and we had chili, hot dogs, hot chocolate, etc. They had an outdoor firepit things too which was nice as it was a little chilly outside. They had games and prizes for the kids and of course, lots of candy to pass out too. It was a lot of fun for the kids as the all came dressed up in costumes.

Saturday night our Sunday school class teamed up with another class and we had a "Bluegrass and Bonfire" party at one of the teachers' home out in the country. We had a nice bonfire over which we cooked hotdogs and everyone brought side dishes to eat too. Who ever could play an instrument brought it and a group of them played bluegrass style music. We also had 'smores too. It was a really great time.

I lost my extra hour of sleep Sunday morning as I got a call from work at 4am and then couldn't go back to sleep for awhile... That was a bummer as I was then pretty sleepy all day long. I can't take naps during the day or I can never shrug off the hazy feeling and then I can't sleep at night either. So, I just suffer through the day. I just tried to go to bed a little earlier to make up for it.

I did work on my podcast Sunday afternoon though. I got all the voice stuff recorded and laid out all the tracks. It is pretty much done, but I just have a little bit of tweaking to do before I can post it. It's too much work though, so it'll probably be my first and only one to do... :-(

Guess I shouldn't complain about how slow work has been. Today has definitely been a trick for me. We had some hardware problems that caused a bunch of other problems for me that I've been working on all day to figure out. Once we pinpointed what the actual problem was, it's now in IBM tech support's hands for now.

There was a bunch of little kids from a preschool that came through today for Halloween. They are all so cute in their costumes. It's fun to watch them.

Our church is holding (as they do every year), our Halloween alternative called Hallelujah Night. They setup all kinds of games, activities, door prizes, free food, etc. for all the kids of the church and for the community too. It's a good outreach and safe environment too. We'll be heading to that tonight. My daughter is going as an elephant and my son is dressing up as Frodo Baggins from Lord of the Rings. He's done pretty good at picking out the various items for his costume. He found a few things at the local Goodwill store and has borrowed some other things from friends.

Also, yesterday, Oct. 30th, was our One Year Anniversary of moving into our new home. I can't believe it's already been a year! It's gone by pretty fast! You can read all about our moving adventures in my blog's archives!

Guess that's enough for now..... As usual, it's raining on Halloween too...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home