Dave's Daily

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Xboxed Out

Bummer. Even though I knew in my heart that there was hardly a hope in the world of scoring a Xbox 360 console today, I still held out a slight possibility for one. No dice. My wife lovingly went to our local Wal-Mart this morning (she was going anyway to get some groceries), but went a little earlier than she normally would have went to see about getting an Xbox. Our Wal-Mart is one of those 24 hour Supercenter ones, so they started selling them at 12:01 am. My wife asked one of the sales people and she said that they sold out by 1am. I've seen similar stories on the Web today, so there were a lot of people literally left out in the cold without one. Thankfully I'm not a die-hard gamer and didn't subject myself to camping out in the cold outside of a store with still the possibility of not getting one. But... I'm still X-Bummed.

Tonight is also Ted Koppel's last night of anchoring the ABC news program Nightline. He's been the host for I don't know how many years, but another staple is being removed from the fabric of news. I didn't really watch Nightline very much, but when I did get the chance, it was usually a very good program.

Today is my son's last day of school for this week and tomorrow is my last day of work for the week. I'm really looking forward to the Thanksgiving break.

Tonight I have a church board meeting. We're having our yearly budget review. Always a lot of fun.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home