Dave's Daily

Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas Time

Well, it's certainly getting closer... Only about a week away. But this weekend, it will be Christmas at my wife's mother's house, so that's we're heading today. I'm taking off at noon to help get things ready and packed, the dog to the kennel, and then pick up the boy from school and head down the highway (kind of like the 'over the hills and through the woods to grandmother's house we go' song).

Last night I had a weird encounter. I was at a local department store in the mall looking for that "one last gift" when a lady who was with her husband came up to me and said, "Are you David?" I looked at her and said, "Yes..." She said, "Do you recognize me?" Now, at this point, I was under pressure and I could feel my face getting hot... Great, this person knew me, but I didn't know them... I finally said, "No, I don't... I'm sorry." She smiled and said, "I'm ____!" Oh man, it was a lady that went to my church back when I was in high school. She was a little younger than me, probably my sister's age. She obviously didn't look like she did back then, so that's why I didn't recognize her. :-) She told me she had four kids and was a school teacher. It was really weird running into her like that. At least she recognized me... I guess that means I haven't changed all that much.... HA!

I get off at noon today! YEAH! It's almost time!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home