Dave's Daily

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Roller Dude

Last night we had another All Church Skate Night at the local roller rink. It's a lot of fun and a little exercise to boot! :-) The first pair of skates I tried on, the right foot wheels were out of alignment and kept wanting to turn to the left. It was confusing for me and I couldn't skate very well due to fighting the "turn." So, I took them back and got a second pair which worked a lot better.

I tried the Limbo again and hit the bar with my head again (almost made it) in the second to last round. I was one of the last "big" people left (most were all the little kids). I can at least be proud of that! :-)

A lot of the adults won't skate for one reason or another. Some don't want to fall and break a leg (or arm, or whatever), some just can't skate I guess. I used to have a real problem getting the hang of skating when I was growing up, but it's not too bad now. I can't do anything fancy, but I don't do too bad (I almost wiped out a little kid last night though... My head was turned back as I was talking to my son. I turned back around just in time to see this little kid who was just standing there in the middle of the flow of traffic and I swerved just in time to miss him! Whew!!)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home