Dave's Daily

Monday, May 29, 2006

In Remembrance

Today is Memorial Day. Please remember those that have given their lives to keep us free.

My son finished up the Fifth grade this past Friday (26th). It's hard to believe this past year is over already. He's now heading to middle school... Wow. He had a friend from his class come and spend the weekend with us. His parents had to go out of town for the weekend and it worked out that he could come and stay with us. He's a real nice kid and it worked out great.

My maternal grandmother, who will be turning 94 this July, went into the hospital this past week. I took off early on Friday to go visit her. She had some internal bleeding and the doc's aren't real sure what's causing it. On Saturday morning they stuck a scope down her throat and the doc said that was the worst looking stomache she'd ever seen. Nice. They also did a colon check, but due to a lot of polyops, they were only able to go in about 6 inches. They are testing one of the polyops to see if it is cancerous or not. Please keep her in your prayers.

I replaced the screen in our back porch screen door today. Seemed like it took me about all day. I had to remove little trim pieces, and then tuck in the new screen in these little grooves, then nail in the little trim pieces again. Seemed to take forever, but it's in and looks pretty good!

It's been very hot this weekend. Mid to lower 90s. On Friday, I went out with my son and his friend and we had a watergun fight in the backyard. Saturday, we stayed in most of the day as it was just too hot to do anything. Sunday, my daughter wasn't feeling too good for some reason, so I stayed home from church to stay with her while the rest of the family and my son's friend went. Today, it started off hot again, but mid afternoon, it clouded up and we got a real good rain.

Sunday, we also went up and visited my folks and went out to their farm. We rode some four-wheelers for awhile so my dad could show us the property boundaries. We also fed the fish and those catfish sure can eat!

Blessings to you and God bless our Troops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home