Dave's Daily

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Nice Weather

After about a week of below normal temps and lots of rain, it's finally getting back to "normal" Spring like weather. It was really nice today (mid-70's) and will be close to 80 tomorrow.

Last Friday our family along with my sister and her husband attended the MQS (Machine Quilters Showcase) banquet. This is an international convention of machine quilters and this was their 10th year. My father received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the banquet for his computerized quilting machine attachment. This machine has become the standard to which all other computerized machines only dream to become. I was really proud of mom and dad as they received their reward. Dad gave a short speech inwhich he thanked everyone for helping him get to where he is today.

I finished up my photo montage video for that girl who is turning 16. I gave the DVDs to her parents Wed. night at church. I went the extra mile and created DVD jacket covers and DVD "labels" (the were printed right on the discs) to make it look like a store bought video. The mother called me tonight to say how thrilled they were with the video and everything. They will be playing it tomorrow night (Friday) during the girls big party. Instead of payment, we're going to get free babysitting (from the girl) and a free dinner out. Cool. My wife's birthday is coming up, so that will work out great!

My son went on a field trip today to a cave. They have been studying caves in Science class, so this was a great ending to the topic.

My 17th wedding anniversary is coming up this Saturday (20th)! Happy Anniversary Darling! I love you!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home