Dave's Daily

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Visit is Over

Well, our week long visit from my mother-in-law went very well I thought. We all had a good time and I think we just wore her out with our busy lifestyle. HA! My parents came down on Saturday (14th) along with my grandmother and we all went out to a movie (we got a babysitter for our young daughter). Needless to say, this was an event that is sure not to happen very often. My grandmother is 94 and I have no idea when the last time (or if this was the first time) she'd ever been to a movie theater and the getting together of my wife's mother and my parents just doesn't happen very often either. So, it may not have been a "once-in-a-lifetime" event (as they were all together at our wedding), the gathering was certainly one that doesn't happen very often.

On Monday (16th), my mother-in-law was to head home on the Amtrak train that has a station here. My wife took her to the station and found out that they were working on the tracks and so the train wouldn't be running. There was a big bus that was to take the passengers to the next station to catch the train, but my wife decided to drive her halfway home to meet the other family members that were going to pick her up. So, my wife had a lot more driving involved than she'd planned on that day and the weather was rainy all day too which didn't help. But, we got "mom" all shipped back home all in one piece. Due to that, I had to take off work a little early to pick my son up from school. That was a nice little break for me too. Ha!

I had one bad thing happen on Sunday (15th) night. I was scheduled to work in the TV room at church to run the lyric projectors, etc. Afterwards, I was going to work some more on my editing project to finish up the Missionettes Crowning video. I went to load up the project and found out that someone had deleted my project folder. I was fuming upset! I just lost over 10+ hours of editing time not to mention non-replaceable files! AAH!! I still haven't found out who exactly did it, but I have a good idea as the files were there the previous Wednesday night when I worked on it. I think they were mistakenly deleted to free up some drive space to record this past Sunday's sermon. I still have the original source material on DVRs, but I put a lot of time doing a multi-camera edit and I'm not about to go through all of that again. So now the parents will get a more streamlined version. I am still a little upset about that.... ugh.

Oh well, the weather is really nice today and tomorrow...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home