Dave's Daily

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Gone Camping

Well, we did end up getting to go camping after all, but just for one night instead of the scheduled two. My mother was able to come down and stay with our daughter so we could go, but we just went for one night so my mom wouldn't have to stay two days with her. Our daughter is getting along okay now and hasn't had anymore fever since last Tuesday.

The camping trip was great! Awesome weather and the lake water was a perfect temp. We had an exciting boat ride and tons of fun with some inflatable "toys." One was a large "lily pad" that we pulled behind the boat. It was big enough for two people to ride on and me and a friend of my son got the ride of our lives! They tried pretty hard to knock us off, and one time almost did if they hadn't stopped the boat. :-) My arms are pretty sore today from just hanging on so tight. Ha!

The evening was great and we had perfect sleeping weather and not much noise in the campground. I wish we could have stayed the extra day (the others in our party did stay). Actually our son did stay with his friend and their family, so he had some extra time to swim and play with his friends.

Today, I weed eated and mowed the yard. I am still pretty sore and wiped out. We're just now getting our son to bed (he is really wiped out) and I'll be hitting the sack shortly (if we can get our daughter to go to bed... ha!).

We're suppose to have beautiful weather this week and I hope it holds out.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home