Dave's Daily

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Talk

This past Saturday (Nov. 11th) I sat down with my 11-year old son and we had "The Talk." You know the one about the "Birds & the Bees," "The Facts of Life." It's the day I have dreaded for the past 11 years. :-) Actually it wasn't too bad. We had a book about the body with pictures and it make it a lot easier to describe what goes on in our bodies. I mainly decided to do it now because he had a few friends at school that have started talking about a few sexual things and I wanted to make sure he was getting good information instead of what 11 year olds were picking up from TV and movies. I also did it because on Sunday night (Nov. 12th) we had a chance to go to see the Christian music artist TobyMac in concert. This concert was part of the Pure Excitement tour which featured speaker Joe White. Most of his talk was about staying pure sexually, etc. and I wanted to make sure my son understood what he was talking about. It was an awesome concert by the way.

Last Friday (Nov. 10th), I had the day off from work due to Veteran's Day, so, while my son was in school, the rest of the family and I went to our nearby bigger town and did some more Christmas shopping. We met my dad at the mall for lunch and then headed over to Toy's R Us. We also make a quick visit to Circuit City for look around. :-)

My sister and her husband celebrated their 18th wedding anniversary back on Nov. 5th. Congrats to them!! I've also got three nephews that have a birthday (2 are twins) this coming Friday, Nov. 17th.

This Friday is also launch day for the new PlayStation 3. I know there is probably no way in the world to get one this Friday, but I'm hoping for at least my birthday in January that there will be some available by then. Plus, it will give me a chance to see if any initial launch problems with the system pop up by then.

Next week is Thanksgiving already... I can't believe the holidays are already upon us...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home