Dave's Daily

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Back to Work

I took off from work the days between Christmas and New Year's, so getting back to work on Tuesday, January 2nd was pretty hard. You get used to staying up late, sleeping in a little and stuff like that makes it really hard when you have to get up early again. My son didn't have to go back to school until Wed., Jan. 3rd, so I didn't have to get up quite as early on Tuesday, but it wasn't the most favorite thing to do at the moment. :-)

I got back to work where tons of email (mostly spam) was awaiting me. Took me most of the day to just catch up with everything.

Ex-President Gerald R. Ford passed away last week and so there has been a lot of stuff going on with the funerals, etc. We thought we might get Tuesday (2nd) off, but no such luck. We did get the day off for Ronald Regan's funeral, but I guess since we just had a day off for New Year's, the Governor decided against it. Also, ex-Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein was hanged last week as well. I know for sure we wouldn't get the day off for that one. :-)

Everything is about back to normal again I guess. All the Christmas decorations are down and put away for another year. My son's Christmas break from school is over and we're all back at the grind.

My birthday is coming up later this month though... :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home