Dave's Daily

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Game is On!

This past weekend saw the releases of two new video game systems; Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's Wii. Lines were long at all the stores and it just seems crazy to me, but some people live for that kind of stuff. One person even got shot waiting in line when thugs tried to rob the people. The guy refused to give up his money and they shot him! Thankfully he wasn't killed. Sony should give him a PS3 just over that ordeal. I will just patiently wait until the bugs are worked out and when stock is plentiful. :-)

On Sunday (Nov 19th) I had to come into work early (4:45am) as we were doing an operating systems upgrade on our mainframe. It went very smooth for once, and I was out by 7:15am.

Our family will be heading up to my folks for Thanksgiving this year. The dinner will actually be held at my sister's house. They have a little more room for everyone and all the kids will have more things to play with there too. I'm looking forward for a little time off from work too.

Our group here at work are taking turns working until 5pm. Management has stated that two people from every group has to stay until 5pm for support coverage. My supervisor is one of the two and the rest of use take a week at a time. This week is my week, but I got the lucky draw that it's a short week. Also, since I came into work on Sunday, I get to leave early on Wednesday. :-) Bonus!

Going to a Carman concert Wednesday night at my old church. It's free too, so can't beat that! We'll then be staying overnight at my parents' house. Then we're staying an extra night so we can do some shopping on "Black Friday." I'm not planning on getting out early to fight the crowds though... That's just insane! :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there...
and Blessings to you and your family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home