Dave's Daily

Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Leftovers

As mentioned in my last post, we went to our old church last Wed. (Nov 22nd) night for a Carman concert. It's always fun to go to concerts there as you can get up close to the stage and actually "see" the performer instead of having to sit in the nosebleed sections of stadiums. It was a good concert except for the fact that the sound guy had the sub woofers turned up WAY to much. I felt beat up when the night was over. I like loud concerts as much as the next guy, but since the sanctuary of the church isn't "that" big, no need to have the sound cranked the same as an open air stadium....

Thursday was Thanksgiving day, and we all went over to my sister's house for the big meal deal. We had extra guests with some friends of our family came as well. We had a house full of love going on. :-)

Two of my nephews came back to my parents' house to spend the night as all of us guys were getting up early for some Black Friday shopping. We spent some time Thursday night online scoping out the B.F. ads and decided upon heading to Circuit City. I wanted to get a 2 Gig Flash Drive that was on sale. We got there just before 5am and of course there was a long line. We didn't have to wait long as we got in pretty quick after the doors opened. We found the flash drives and my dad and I both had one in our hands. We checked out the big screen TVs too and I even got interviewed by a local TV station which aired a piece about the early shopping. Getting out of the store was a different story. The checkout lines were LONG and SLOW. After waiting about what seemed like an eternity, we threw in the towel, put the flash drives back and left. My dad went back to the store later that day, but they were all out of drives.

We came back home after our shopping endeavor and didn't really do much the rest of the day as I was pretty tired.

Saturday we got out all of our Christmas stuff, and put up the tree. It's not all decorated yet, but we're getting there. The weather has been so wonderfully warm lately that it's hard to stay indoors. That's about to change pretty soon as a cold front is headed our way. Bummer. I also got a bush trimmed up by our kitchen window so that it'll let more sunshine in during the winter and I also got a couple of tree branches cut off that I have been meaning to remove.

Sunday was the normal church activity day and another wonderful day weather-wise.

Back to work and school today, and it always seems hard to get back in to the routine after some time off.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home