Dave's Daily

Friday, February 16, 2007

Week Wrapup

I meant to post something earlier, but you know how things go...

Last Saturday (10th) the family and I took a short trip to a nearby town to do a little shopping at their big mall. The mall was crowded and took forever to get lunch. The McDonald's wasn't at the mall anymore, so we had a hard time finding something my 4-year old daughter wanted for lunch which added to the stress.

Sunday (11th), I got an early (6:30am) call from work about a problem. I had made a change for the weekend recycle and brought home my work laptop in anticipation for any problems. One problem I didn't anticipate was not being able to connect! I was able to connect to the work modem pool and then also was able to get a VPN connection, but I couldn't get a TN3270 connection to the mainframe. Frustrated, I finally had to get dressed and drive into work to fix a problem that only took 2 mins and it only took that long because I had to login to the system. I had went ahead and got ready for church and then I met my family there after I got done. On my way to church, I had to take a detour as there was a bad accident on the highway (a drunk driver was driving on the wrong way of a divided highway and crashed into two other cars). Sunday night at church, I FINALLY finished up the Missionettes Celebration video I have been working on for over 6 months. I got all the DVD menu stuff setup and encoded/burned a test master disc. It turned out pretty good, but I've just got to tweak a few things and redo it. I've got the label designed and it will soon all be over (until this coming July when I get to do it all over again, except there is only one girl getting crowned this year instead of 6 last year).

Monday (12th) was a holiday from work (Pres. Lincoln's birthday), but I didn't get to sleep in much as I still had to take my son to school. We're also stripping the wallpaper off in our master bathroom, so I worked on that most of the day. I also did a few other little chores while my wife went shopping by herself which she doesn't get to do very often. I then picked up my son after school and we went to the mall to pick up some Valentine's cards for mom. It rained for most of the afternoon, but changed over to ice, then snow over night. It was pretty nasty Tuesday morning and schools were cancelled all over. It was over pretty quick around here (we got about 1 to 2 inches), but even just north of us got 5 inches and on up to 8 inches further up north.

Wednesday (14th) was Valentine's Day of course. We didn't do too much as we had church that night, but we exchanged cards and I also got my wife a gift certificate to a Hair/Spa place. We had a special little dinner on Tuesday night and we have a Valentine's Banquet this Saturday night (without the kids), so we're not missing out on the good food at least. :-)

Monday (19th) is another holiday (President's Day), which I am looking forward too although it's a little sad as it's the last holiday we get for a few months until May 8th (Pres. Truman's birthday). My son gets out of school on Monday for the holiday too, so no telling what my wife as in store for us all to do.

Tomorrow (Sat.) they are having a Men's breakfast at the church which I usually try to go to as the food is great! Then, in the evening, is the aforementioned Valentine's Banquet that the Women's ministries is putting on at a local catering place. Their food is very good too.

Enough for now...
Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home