Dave's Daily

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring Break Review

My son had all of last week off for Spring Break, but as I mentioned in my last post, I only took off last Wed. (21st) through Friday.

Wed. morning, the whole family had our annual dental checkup/cleaning and I have to say, "Look Ma, no cavities!" :-) We all had great checkups! It was my daughter's first time "in the chair" for a cleaning and she did GREAT! Much better than I expected. Since she has been having to go see the doctor quite a bit due to her UTI's, she hasn't been getting along them too well, so I was a little worried. The dental hygienist was wonderful with her and made her feel comfortable. She gave her little sunglasses to wear to block the overhead light too. Our regular dentist passed away last year after our last visit, so we got to meet our "new" dentist. He was very friendly and seems like a nice guy. Afterwards, we stopped by Target to let our daughter get a little toy since she did such a wonderful job.

Thursday (22nd) morning, I had to go to my annual physical. Boy, so far, Spring Break hasn't been all that fun!! At least I didn't have to wait a long time. Just about the time I got my gown on in the examination room, the Dr. came in. Also had some blood drawn to check out my cholesterol levels, etc. I also had a small cyst frozen off on the right side of my face. The Dr. said it was some skin damage from the sun. After I got home, my wife headed out to the nearby town's big mall for a day of shopping while I stayed home with the kids. She doesn't get away by herself very often, so it was a nice break for her.

Friday (23rd) was our big day. We left home about 9am and headed to the nearby town as they have a "Going Bonkers" place. Think of the McDonald's play place times 10. This place is huge with climbing gear taking up a large part of it. There are also arcade games and you can buy food there too. I found out later that there is also WiFi there, so I'll have to bring my laptop or PSP next time. :-) My wife dropped me and the kids off there while she did a little more shopping at a nearby Kohl's and Wal-Mart. My parents also met us there for some visiting time. For lunch, we headed over to Chuck E. Cheese for more food and fun. The kids had a lot of fun. Just so we could finish out the day, we went to Long John Silver's for dinner after we got back home. We watched a cool movie called "Unidentified" on our SkyAngel satellite system after we got home. It was about UFOs, or was it? :-)

Saturday (24th) we had some really nice weather and I got a little bit of yard work done (sprayed some weed killer), but mostly played with the kids (basketball w/son and sandbox w/daughter).

Sunday (25th) was a normal church day, except I had to help serve communion as one of the normal guys was gone on vacation. I don't get to do that very often as I'm always working in the TV ministry booth, so it was kind of neat.

Monday (26th) Spring Break is over and we're all back to the normal routine of school and work. Bummer. It was a really nice time off and for once didn't seem to fly by even though I was having fun!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home