Dave's Daily

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring Break

This week is Spring Break for my son so he's out of school this week. But first, a recap of this past weekend... :-)

Friday (Mar. 16th), I took off at noon to get ready to head up to my mother-in-law's house. We left town as soon as school was over that afternoon. We got there about 6:30pm. One of my sister-in-laws, her husband and one of their daughters were also visiting from Indiana. Friday was also my mother-in-law's 73rd birthday. We had a nice evening with a nice dinner and a few hours of watching basketball. :-)

Saturday (17th - Happy St. Patty's Day!), my wife, her sister and husband and daughter went sightseeing in the old town where they grew up. I stayed at my mother-in-law's house with our kids as I really didn't feel like driving around. That evening was the big family get-together to 1) celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday and 2) well, just to get together. There was probably close to 30 people there at one of my wife's niece's house. They had pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago a bunch of BBQ meat/ribs from a famous BBQ restaurant chain there in town. My mother-in-law was paying for it too. :-) When it was time for it to be delivered, they didn't show... One quick call to the place and there was a mix up of some sort. The manager finally brought the order after awhile and said, "Oh, there is no charge for this." WOW!!! We got an order of over $200 worth of food for NO CHARGE! This restaurant chain is opening a store here in my town (today actually), so I may have to check them out. The food was excellent! Anyway, at the party, all the girls talked and all the guys watched more NCAA tourney basketball on the big screen and we all pigged out on great food.

Sunday (18th), we headed back home after brunch. My wife's sister and her family also left to go visit his folks. Since we got home kind of late, we just went out to a local Mexican restaurant. Again, more excellent food.

Monday (19th), I had to come back to work of course, but Spring Break has started for my son, so he was off. My wife's sister (mentioned above) and their daughter stopped at our house for the evening on their way back home to Indiana (her husband had to get on back home on Monday to get back to work). We went out to dinner again at a nice restaurant. Man, my wife is going to be spoiled! HA! They left Tuesday (20th) to head on back home.

Tonight, I have our monthly church board meeting. We've reinstated the dinners, so I'll get another nice dinner tonight too... Man, I'm the one that's going to be spoiled. We usually have Chinese as that's the pastor's favorite food. And it's good too! :-)

I'm taking off work Wed. (21st) through Fri. (23rd) to take some time off and to do a few "other" things. My wife scheduled our family's dental cleanings tomorrow and then on Thursday, she scheduled my annual physical (real fun!). On Friday, we're planning on doing some fun stuff with the kids though. I may work on our master bedroom some more to get it ready for painting.

Anyway, it's been a fun, few days filled with family, food, fellowship and fun. Is that enough "f" words for ya? :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home