Dave's Daily

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Eskimo Winter

During the fall, when it's starting to cool off, but then you hit a real hot period and everyone calls it, "Indian Summer." Well, it's been really warming up lately, but since we hit 85 degrees this past Monday (Apr. 2nd) , a cool front passed by on Tuesday causing some bad storms and now we have been getting down to mid 20's at night and we only hit about 45 degrees today. It's suppose to stay cool all week and through the weekend. I'll call it our "Eskimo Winter." :-)

On Sunday (Apr 1st - no foolin'), we discovered our garbage disposal was leaking. After determining it was nothing I could fix, on Monday after work, I stopped by the local Lowe's store and picked up a new one. Thankfully I had a $10 Off card which helped. So, after dinner, I got out all my tools and replaced the old one. Just took me awhile as the old one was hard to get off. It was probably the original from 15+ years ago.

This Sunday is Easter, so after church (which is usually crowded on this day), we're going to head up to visit and have lunch with my parents and probably my sister & family.

Wed., April 11th, is my son's 12th birthday... Man, he's not suppose to be growing up this fast! Guess I can't stop him though... One more year... and he's a teenager! AAHH!

My wife and I are trying to get the plans together for our summer vacation. I think we'll be scoping out hotels, etc. tonight. Sometimes I love vacations, getting away from work, etc., but I hate all the junk that goes with it... Traveling, paying for hotels, dealing with crowds, etc. It's not really a vacation to me. But, we're trying to go someplace we've never been, so hopefully it will be a lot of fun... Even with a 4 (who'll be 5 by the time we go) year old. :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home