Dave's Daily

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Mowing Season

Mowing season has officially begun. I went out last night and filled up my gas cans (one 5 gallon can for the mower and one 1 gallon can for the weed eater). While at the gas station, I also filled up my truck. When all was said and done, it cost me $50 (It's currently $2.49 a gallon here)!!! Ouch! With it getting to the end of the month, cash is getting a little tight!

With all the rain we've been getting, the grass is really starting to grow. Some of the neighbors have already started mowing and I need to also, but when it rains every other day, and tonight we have church, it's hard to find a time to do it. I'm hoping to mow tomorrow night, but it's suppose to rain again tomorrow. I'll probably have to raise the mower to not bog it down when I mow. :-)

Also, the house next to us is for sale. It's been on the market for almost a year now. The owners have already moved out too. Last Sunday (25th) was yet another open house and one family stayed quite a while looking at it. They came back again last night and looked it over again. That's usually a good sign that they are really interested. So, we'll see how it turns out. It looks like they have four kids (2 older teen girls, one son a year or so younger than ours, and a toddler daughter). It will be good to get more kids in the neighborhood as my son is always complaining about having nobody to play with.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home