Dave's Daily

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Easter

Yeah, so it's a little late, but happy Easter anyway. :-)

Last Friday (Apr. 6th), my son was out of school for Good Friday, so she took him and our daughter over to a friend's house that was having a big Easter egg hunt for a bunch of kids. They had a great time and got lots of candy.

Saturday (7th), it was my wife's pampering day. She first went and got her hair trimmed and colored. Then, after lunch, she went and got a professional spa manicure/pedicure treatment. I had gotten her a gift certificate for that as a Valentine's Day gift. So anyway, she got all prettied up for Easter. While she was gone, I continued working in our master bath sanding down the spackling. I think I'm going to try to get it painted this weekend. After the spa treatment, we had a quick family Easter egg hunt for the kids at our house. It was very windy/cold, so we only hid six eggs per kid to get it over with fast! :-)

Sunday (8th) was Easter (or sometimes we call it Resurrection Day) and like usual, we attended church that morning (with an albeit larger crowd than normal). Afterwards, we drove to the town where my parents live and had lunch with them at the local Country Kitchen. Man, it was busy there and very noisy. The food was pretty good, but I was getting a headache due to all the noise. After we ate, we went to my folk's house for awhile to visit.

I got the yard mowed last night. I was going to do it on Saturday, but like I mentioned, it was windy and very cold. I lowered the deck down on the mower and it took me a little longer than usual as I had to walk kind of slow or I would have killed the mower due to the thick grass. Looks good now! :-)

Tomorrow is my son turns twelve years old! AHH! He's growing up too fast! He's been saving his money up for a Nintendo DS Lite game system and with some birthday money he has received, he finally has enough. So, we're heading to the store tonight to pick one up. Of course he'll want to "try it out" to make sure it works... HA! He's going to have a birthday party this Friday night too. Oh Boy! A bunch of 11 and 12 year old boys... And it's supposed to rain Friday, so that means keeping them indoors. Oh Boy!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home