Dave's Daily

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Paint Job

Last Saturday (21st) I spent about 12 hours in the master bathroom of my house. No, I didn't have an extreme case of diarrhea (thankfully!). In what was suppose to be one of the final stages of changing our bathroom, I had to put two coats of primer on and then practically three coats of paint. It has a sandstone texture, so those little grains of sand fly off when you roll it on which is a real pain too. So, I get it all done and it looks crappy in my opinion. The areas where I had to use a regular brush to paint around the trim and ceiling are darker than the wall areas. I'm not sure what to do. Looks like I may have to buy more paint and try putting on another coat on the walls. It about killed me doing that all day long and I'm not looking forward to having to put more paint on.

My dog earned his keep yesterday (23rd). After work, I was out in the backyard with my daughter. She wanted to swing on the swing set, so I was pushing her and we were talking and I happened to notice the dog looking down in the yard and nipping at something. I walked over and noticed it was a mole! He had caught a mole! He bit and played with it for quite awhile and it eventually died of course. I finally found a little hole the dog had dug by the fence where he must have pulled the mole out. Good Dog!! Extra doggie treats for you!!! I've seen and had to deal with torn up yards due to moles and I'm glad this one won't have that chance!

Gotta go to a church board meeting tonight. The last two have gone really long with lots of topics to discuss. I hope this one will be short...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home