Dave's Daily

Monday, March 07, 2005

What a Weekend!

Wow... can a "winter" weekend get any better than that? Mid 60's on Sat. and low 70's on Sunday, sunny and beautiful.

On Sat. (3/5), my wife and son had their monthly Junior Bible Quiz meet. It went longer than normal as it was the last meet of the "season." So they all had to go back to the place of the meet for the awards ceremony. My son came home with a trophy for 3rd place over all in his division, a team ribbon (and trophy) for 3rd place, and a ribbon for 3rd place for the February meet. I was really proud of him to say the least!

So, while they were gone, I took it upon myself to work with my 2 1/2 year old daughter to get her potty trained. Just about every 30/40 minutes, I'd take her to the bathroom. She did really well I might add. We had a few accidents, but she is begining to "get it" and is telling us when she has to "go." It also probably helped that she got M&M's when she tried. She got one for just trying and two if she "went." :-)

Sunday after church & lunch, I watched the local men's b-ball team play their last regular season game at home against Kansas... It was amazing... the team shot 8/10 3-pointers in the first half and early in the 2nd half, had a 15 point lead. Of course, as happened in a lot of their games, they let Kansas slowly come back and even tie it all up. But, they didn't give up and fold and by hitting their free-throws, created a very small lead again and won it 72-68. Now they head into their conference tourney and play Nebraska first. If they win that game, then they'll play Oklahoma. If they can get just a few more wins, they just might make it into the Big Dance... That's a big "If" though... We'll see...

I've got my own b-ball game tonight in our church spring league. We're also having an All church skate night at the local skating rink... Since I have an early game, afterwards, I'll head over and meet the family to do some skating. I'll try to win finally win at that limbo game after losing the first two times... :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home