Dave's Daily

Thursday, February 10, 2005

What a Rip!

One of my web clients sent me a DVD that was produced by the ministry they are supporting and wanted the videos on the disc put on their website. No Problem! I got the "vob" files ripped easily enough, but getting them converted to "avi" files was a bugger. I tried various converter programs and finally used a trial version of TMPGEnc to do it. Then I just used Windows Movie Maker to create the "wmv" files. Thankfully there were only three videos that need to be converted. Crazy!

Got the day off tomorrow from work due to the Lincoln's Birthday "holiday." We're probably the last remaining entities that still get that day off. :-)

My son is off of school tomorrow also, as it's a "Staff Development" day... It seems kids get out of school more that we ever used too... He get's out next Friday also because the teachers had to stay late the last couple of nights due to Parent/Teacher conferences...

Going to go see comedian Jeff Allen this Sunday night. I'll report on the event Monday...

Speaking of Monday, it's Valentine's Day.... I'm ahead of the game this year as I've already bought my card and gift as of last Saturday... Now, if I just don't forget where I put it... :-)

Well, my struggling local college b-ball team lost another close one last night against the Running Rebels of UNLV... Lost it in the last minute 74-71... They haven't won a road game yet this year.... A lot of fans are calling for the coach's head... But, it was released eariler this week that the Athletic program gave a vote of confidence in the coach, so he'll be back next year. I just wish he'd fix his hair... :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home