Dave's Daily

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Happy Birthday (to me)!!

Today is my birthday and it's one of those "milestone" ones. Today is my 40th trip around the Sun. :-) It's been a wild ride...

I walked into work today fully expecting my cubicle to be totally trashed, but amazingly, it wasn't. One of my co-workers did finally decorate it up with some R.I.P. and "Over the Hill" signs and also brought in a cake. My supervisor and co-workers also took me out to a local Mexican restaurant for lunch. My wife and daughter were able to join us too. It was a really nice time and the food was excellent.

The only downside to today will be that I have a church board meeting tonight and so I won't be able to spend much time with my family for this special day. Also at the board meeting we have dinner which is usually Chinese food... Oh boy, I'm really going to be stuffed... I hope my stomache can handle all this ethnic food! :-)

The weather is totally beautiful today. Sunny and 58 degrees... Just a wonderful day to have on a birthday. For the past three years, I had taken off work and went to the movie theatre to see the latest "Lord of the Rings" movie. Since there are no more coming out, I'm here at work today. I guess I could have stayed home and watched the extended version of "The Return of the King", which I haven't finished yet, but I'll save that for later...

I am truly blessed with a wonderful wife, son and daughter, great parents and sister, and in-laws that I really see as true brothers and sisters. God has really blessed my life and I am truly grateful for all He has done.

Since it's my birthday, I am King for the Day, so if you're at work reading this, I grant you permission to leave for the day, and make a toast in my honor.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home