Dave's Daily

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Handyman Dave...

Man, whataweekend! I got so many 'honey do' jobs done it isn't even funny! Sometimes I even amaze myself! :-)

We cleaned the fronts of the kitchen cabinets and replaced the hardware on them (the handles). The old ones were tarnishing and the gold plating rubbing off, etc., so we replaced them and it looks so much better (plus the cabinets are shiny now too!). The wood doors in the kitchen area had a lot of scratches on them from the previous owner's dog, so I put some Old English Scratch Remover stuff on them and they look brand new too (and shiny to boot). I also installed a shelf in my sons room. I also did a couple loads of laundry to help out my wife since she had a Dr.'s appointment. I also painted over some spots where we removed a large mirror. That's the one bad incident. Even though we got the same paint for that wall, the spots I covered didn't quite match the rest of the wall and it's pretty obvious. Oh great... So now I'm going to have to paint the whole dining room. That's one job I wasn't expecting to do. I still have to hang that big mirror back up in the entry way too...

We're doing all of this to kind of spruce up the house in time for my big birthday bash this weekend...

It'll all get done... I hope....

Sports note... Last Sat. night (15th) our local college b-ball team lost on the road to Kansas State. They didn't just loose... but they got spanked... Ouch! The east-side of the state pro football team got whooped also on Saturday against the Atlanta Falcons in the playoff game... Ouch! That's enough for sports today... it's too much pain.... :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home