Dave's Daily

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

First Day of Winter

It has officially arrived... Winter... It's sunny outside, the temp is about 40 degrees... pretty nice. BUT, the cold front arrives this afternoon, with artic winds and some snow fall tonight and tomorrow... So I guess it's appropriate for it to snow on the first day of Winter... How'd it know?

When I was messing with the wood for building our first fire in our new home Sunday evening (19th), something stung/bit me on the back of my right hand. Little sucker got me good... but, the pain went away quickly and didn't make a big deal out of it. Starting yesterday afternoon (20th), some redness started to appear on my hand and it started to itch. By last night it started to get puffy. It woke me up about 3:30am today 'really' puffy and hurting. I had been putting anti-itch cream on it, but it was (as still is) pretty uncomfortable. Suffice to say, I had a hard time getting back to sleep and I'm still dealing with the problem today. It's a little hard to type as some of the inflamation is in my wrist.

My son has a Sunday school class Christmas party tonight and then afterwards they are going to one of the local nursing homes to pass out candy and sing Christmas carols. My wife is going to take him so I can stay home and wrap her gifts. I hope I can get it done as my 2 year old daughter is staying home too and she always wants me to read books or play.

Have I ever mentioned that I have a wonderful wife? Well, I do... God bless you Sweetheart!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home