Dave's Daily

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

New Furniture

We went to the furniture store Saturday (Nov 20th) and picked out a sofa, loveseat, chair, entertainment center all for the downstairs family room and a nice chair for the master bedroom. They delivered it last night. Why does everything look better in the store than when they get it to your house??? My wife was a little disappointed... and a tad upset... so what to do? The entertainment center is a little big, but I think it will be okay... I just have this sinking feeling that some of it might be going back....

The room is still in a little bit of disarray since the previous owners still haven't picked up their pool table and piano. They keep waiting until some good weather so the ground will dry out as it's been rainy lately... and now the weather man is calling for snow tonight/tomorrow.... We may have just got a new pool table as well! :-) It is a very nice one... but very heavy. The slate top is all one piece. The piano is very old, out of tune, and about to fall apart....

The guy that is suppose to fix the little problems found by the home inspector was suppose to come this past weekend to fix them, but never called or showed up... Now it will most likely be after Thanksgiving. Just a little frustrating and has really upset our realtor. I hope it all gets taken care of soon. I don't want to lose any friendships over the deal. That's the one bad thing about buying a home from someone you know.

Got a photo montage video project completed last night for a co-worker. She wanted one done to celebrate her parents' 40th wedding anniversary. She only gave me about a week and a half to get it done, but at least she had already scanned in the photos which takes the most time. So I cut her a deal on the price... Although she would have gotten a great deal at my "full" price as well. I only charge $1 a picture which is probably "way" below most professional services. But, since I don't depend on this stuff for my actual income, I don't worry about it too much. The extra cash is nice though.

Well, it was a bad weekend for local sports teams (college & pro)... they all lost... so I won't go into it.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home