Dave's Daily

Monday, September 27, 2004

Dog Days of Summer

Well, the Summer of 2004 is officially (as of the 22nd) and Fall has begun. We are having just unbelievable weather that really makes it hard to be inside.

We visited my mother-in-law this weekend. We had a nice visit, but our dog's days are almost over as well. We took our dog with us and let her run around in the backyard like we did last time. My mother-in-law has a black lab dog and they had fun just running around and play fighting all the time. But our stupid dog got out of the yard 3 times while we were there. Sunday morning was the worst as I was in the backyard watching the dogs play and our dog goes over to one corner of the yard, jumps up to the top of the fence and climbs over to get out. The fence isn't the normal height and is almost 6 feet high. By the time I got around to the front of the house, the dog was long gone. I finally spotted her and tried to coax her back, but to no avail. I chased her around the school that is across the street. I almost got her back once, as she came up on the porch of the house, but she took off again. She knows you're trying to grab her and she won't get too close to you. I finally got my mother-in-law's dog and we took off looking for her again. She finally followed us back to the house and with the lure of doggie treats, I finally caught her. I was steaming mad. She really needs a farm to run around on without having to be tied up or caged all the time. It's got to the point that I can't trust her to run around in the backyard anymore unleased as she can take off under or over the fence at any time.

On the way home, the kids were just at each other the whole way. My 2 year old daughter wouldn't ever take her nap and was just a mess. She was either singing (loudly), yelling, crying, saying "Stop It!" (which irriated our son to no end), or sticking her tongue out. I was ever so glad to get home. Our son wasn't much better as he just egged it on sometimes... I felt like just dropping them both off in some town along the way hoping that some nice family would take them in (well, not really... I would never do that, but the thought did cross my mind.... HA!)

Back to work today, but I really don't want to be here...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home