Dave's Daily

Friday, September 10, 2004

House Inspection Repairs

Man... have we got a great realtor! Tues (Sept 7th) night, the inspectors came out to look at our current house. They found 5 main things that needed to be fixed (all pretty minor, really). Last night (Thurs), our realtor came over and helped fix all but one of them. We had to level the A/C condenser unit, put a plate over a electrical outlet in the garage, replace the caulking around the garage doors, and fix a door that didn't shut just quite right. One other item we couldn't do just yet was to replace a handle on one of the garage doors that had broken. I didn't even know it was broke as we always use the electric garage door openers. I really doubt that most realtors would help out in this way, so I feel really blessed to have such a great one!

My mother-in-law is coming down for a visit on Sunday (12th). One of my sister-in-law's is bringing her down as she wants to go see our new house. My wife is pretty excited for her to come down as she hasn't been down to visit us since my son was born (9 years ago).

Tomorrow is the first Junior Bible Quiz meet of the season. My wife and son will have to leave town at 5:45am to drive for two hours (in the church bus) to get to the meet. This is my son's fourth year to be involved. The first two years, I went along and participated as a Quizmaster. I kind of dropped out the third year and my wife went to the meets. This year my wife will be helping out as a Judge or Scorekeeper (which ever they need more for that particular meet). I know all the teams are excited and they usually have a really great time and do very well. Due to the distance, it makes for a very long day and they are pretty wiped out by the time they get home. I'll be staying home with our two year old daughter (and the dog!), so I'll be pretty tired too... HA!

Tomorrow is also the third anniversary of 9/11... I'll be flying my flag and saying a prayer for the families of the victims and for any future terrorist to reconsider his/her ways... I will not forget...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home