Dave's Daily

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

House Update

Wow... Guess I need to keep up with this thing... Haven't updated in awhile....

The inspector came out to do a whole house inspection on our current house last night. So we took the kids and dog to the park and then McDonald's for dinner. The inpsector found a few things for us to fix, but we'll wait until we get the final report to see exactly what he put on there.

I talked to our loan officer yesterday too about getting some of the bank fees removed for our closing costs for the new house. Along with the regular closing costs, there are three bank fees tacked on that our realtor said were mostly "fluff" fees and he said to ask if some of that could be removed, so I did. The loan officer agreed to remove $250 from the $750 total, which is better than nothing!! I can use that $250 to help pay for other fees we'll have! :-)

I mentioned last time that I was redoing one of my websites I do for a music group. I pretty much have it all converted except for a few of the larger pages. I found a program called Swishmax that easily lets me create Flash content. It's pretty cool and didn't take too much playing around to figure out the basics of the program.

Last Friday, Sept. 3rd, was my sister's 35th birthday. Happy Birthday Sis! She's also pregnant with her 7th child (okay, before you freak out... Her first three children were adopted...). They're hoping for a girl this time! :-)

This past Sunday, Sept 5th, our old church we attended where my wife and I got married, was having their annual Watermelon Bust. We try to go back every year to see all the old familar faces. Only this year, it seems like there are less old faces and lots of new faces. The kids had a lot of fun as they had bounce houses, volleyball, softball, etc., for me and my wife, it was somewhat of a let-down as we really felt distant from everyone. Guess we've been gone for too long. I doubt we go back next year.

Anyway, we're having some beautiful weather this week. Sunny, upper 70's/low 80's.... Soooo nice and hard to be inside.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home