Dave's Daily

Monday, September 13, 2004

The Weekend

For the most part, it was an uneventful weekend. On Saturday (11th), my wife and son went with the Jr. Bible Quiz team from our church for the first matches of the season. We took 3 teams. Each team played 6 matches. My son's team won 5 out of the 6 which is very good. He has really excelled this year as in previous years, he was a little shy in buzzing in and answering questions. This year, he actually "quizzed out" (answered 6 questions correctly) in two of the matches and almost in a third match (got 5 questions right). I am very proud of him for doing so well. My wife had to be a scorekeeper which stressed her out somewhat, be she did a good job too. :-) My daughter and I stayed home and we played with some of my son's action figures. We also went outside and played on the swing set and played with the dog. While my daughter took her afternoon nap, I popped in my Star Wars Ep. II DVD and skipped around to watch the best parts.

Sunday morning was the usual get up and rush rush rush around to get to church on time. Came home and had lunch and then our expected company got there a little after 2PM. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law came down for a very quick visit so we could show them our new house. We went over to see it about 3:30PM and they were pretty impressed with it. Went back home for awhile, then we went out for dinner at Ruby Tuesdays.

Today, the girls were going out for breakfast and then our guests were headed back home. Overall we had a very nice visit.

I also sent off today a CD with some pictures of my wife's old hometown. She has an aunt that still lives there and the town will be celebrating it's 150th anniversary. This aunt wrote to me asking if I had any info/pictures about the businesses that her husband and my wife's father started up there in the town. They owned and operated several grocery stores and restaurants in town. The aunt hadn't really given me a due date for the stuff, but last week I got a little note from her stating that it was all due by Wed., Sept 15th. AHH! I quickly got the pictures and info I had and mailed it off today by priority overnight mail. Hopefully the CD will survive the mail system and get there all in one piece. There were also some pictures included from when a major motion picture was filmed in the town back in 1969 staring Michael Douglas and Lee Purcell.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home