Dave's Daily

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

We're In and It's Over!

YES! We're finally in our new house! It seemed like it was a long road with it all starting back in July when I saw the house on a realtor's website. Last Friday (Oct 29th) morning, we met to do the closing on our "old house" which was a little bumpy with some of the paperwork not correct, but we made it though and got our check. Then we had to run by the insurance place to pay the first year for our new house. Then off to the other bank for the closing on our "new" house. After that we rushed home, scarfed down some lunch and then the moving help started to arrive.

We got more done than I had planned on (which was great). The weather was a little "iffy" on Friday afternoon as dark clouds kept passing overhead. It did rain fairly hard on the east side of town, but we only got a few sprinkles a time or to. I guess God had His hands over us. Saturday, the second crew of movers showed up at 9am and by 12:30pm, we had all the big funiture items moved. We bought pizza for everyone and then a few stayed to help move the rest of the small stuff like clothes, etc. We were totally done by 4:30pm. Saturday's weather was beautiful....not a cloud in the sky.

We went out to McDonald's for dinner and then went back over to the "old" house to clean it up. My mother had cleaned out the cabinets during the day whiched helped tremendously. My wife cleaned the bathrooms while I vacuumed and after mopping the kitchen, we finally left at 9:30PM.

We were going to take the dog that evening also, but I had trouble starting my truck due to the anti-theft getting engaged when my son had moved the steering wheel before I got in the truck. The key wouldn't turn and I didn't know what to do. After getting back home from cleaning, I tried one more time and after jerking the steering wheel, the key finally worked and the truck started! Whew... I thought I was going to have to call the service people. It was pretty frustrating after having a long two days of moving to have that happen.

So, Sunday morning, I went back over to the "old" house and let the dog out for a bathroom break and then went on to church. After church, I came back and picked up the dog and took her over to our "new" house. We're still trying to get rid of her, and hopefully we can before it gets bad weather.

I"m still tired and a little worn out, but slowing we're getting unpacked and settled into our new home. The stressful part is finally over and we can finally enjoy our new place.

On another topic, yesterday was Election Day. Thankfully, my wife and I were able to vote via Absentee ballot since we were moving and we were able to avoid the long lines at the polls. As of this morning, George W. Bush has defeated (narrowly) John Kerry for the Presidency. I'm just glad all the election stuff is over for now... All those radio/tv/print ads were about to drive me crazy.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home